Head of Rail Planning Studies
Our client is a large railway organization, they have a requirement for a Head of Rail Planning and Studies to join their team and lead the development of the railway studies and potential strategic initiatives. This role requires a candidate with the capability to oversee the business development initiatives in line with our client’s strategic vision. Our client is seeking a candidate who holds previous experience working in a role where they advise stakeholder client’s on the best strategy to achieve service delivery and financial targets.
- Establish the departments strategy and ensure implementation and effective delivery of departmental objectives
- Oversee the development of railway terminals in collaboration with strategic partners and stakeholders
- Direct the development and maintenance of our clients traffic forecasting model as well as reviewing results of scenario runs always ensuring that results are solid and robust
- Build and maintain solid relationships with transport planning managers employed by key stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to conduct seminars related to our client’s business and infrastructure area to develop relationships built on understanding of internal policies and strategic priorities
- Oversee the issuance of rail-favorable regulations that enable transformation of national and international land-transport into rail to yield direct micro and macro economic and sustainable development benefits.
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
Rail Traffic Forecasting Modelling experience
Rail Management certificate desirable