Associate Civil Engineer
Are you looking to develop your career within a growing consultancy? Would you value the opportunity to grow and develop a team?
Right now I am working with a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy who are currently undergoing an exciting development programme. They are looking for an Associate Civil Engineer to join their expanding civils team in central Milton Keynes.
The main focus of our infrastructure teams are projects in highways, drainage, flood risk and residential development, but also supporting our other teams across the UK to deliver a wide variety of projects.
- Management and development of the civil engineering team;
- Design project management, co-ordination with other disciplines/offices, client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing;
- Working collaboratively with engineers and other technicians to deliver S38/S104/S278 type infrastructure scheme designs;
- Business development with existing clients and creating new contacts/opportunities;
- Implement high design standards and deliver BIM (Building Information Modelling) solutions to projects; and
- The mentoring and supervision of civil engineering apprentices, technicians and engineers.
Requirements of the Associate Civil Engineer:
- A minimum qualification of a degree in Civil Engineering or similar;
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and member of The Institution of Civil Engineers;
- Competent in infrastructure scheme designs;
- Working knowledge of Building Control, NHBC, Highway Authority and Sewerage Undertaker adoption standards and approval processes;
- Proficient user of AutoCAD;
- Have the ability to prepare CAD drawings to a standard suitable for construction and technical approvals;
- Proficient in the use of infrastructure design software such as XPSite3D, Autodesk Civils3D + Vehicle Swept Path, Causeway PDS and Micro Drainage;
- Excellent communication skills, to liaise with colleagues and clients;
- Ability to work within a team and also able work under own initiative;
- Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise workload.
If you would like further details of this fantastic opportunity, please contact Graham Ventham on 01728 726 120 for a confidential chat.