Senior Civil Engineer
One of our key clients, a high-profile global engineering firm, is currently seeking a versatile & experienced Senior Civil Engineer to join their London team on a full-time permanent basis.
You will be expected to help run the highly successful civils team and assist with the management of engineers on a number of projects, ensuring the team undertake detailed design to the required standards, deliver projects on time and profitably, manage graduates and technicians and take into full consideration standards & programme deadlines.
- Sole responsibility for significant and complex activities or projects,
- Responsible for checking the quality and accuracy of own and others' work,
- Responsible for monitoring budgets and controlling expenditure to meet financial targets for own areas,
- Responsible for predicting and planning future resources which may include setting up new projects (technical or business) and project plans,
- Responsible for meeting agreed deadlines,
- Representing the company at internal and external meetings,
- Contributing to the development and/or implementation of plans for the longer term benefit of the company,
- Responsible for the performance, work and development of others, providing guidance, training, motivational and directional feedback,
- Responsible for the achievement of financial targets in specified areas and contributing to the setting of budgets,
- Responsible for negotiating significant contracts/agreements with customers and/or suppliers.
- Minimum five years' experience in highways, external works and drainage design,
- Experience in drainage design to schemes in an Urban or Greenfield setting including sustainable urban drainage and hydraulic modelling,
- Familiar with Section 102 and 104 adoptions, 106 connection application and 185 diversion works,
- Detailed experience in compiling Code For Sustainable Homes, Breeam and CEEQUAL code assessments.
- An in depth knowledge of: Sewers for Adoption 7th edition (SFA7th), planning policy statement 25 PPS25) & Approved Document H,
- An in depth knowledge of: Section 38 adoption and 278 works, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) & road markings and Signage.
This is the chance to make your own mark on the position and drive the team (and your career!) forward in direction you have always wanted to.
The team continues to grow, and you will be joining a fantastic employer, one that places staff development and welfare in extremely high regard.
Projects range in value up to multi million pounds and vary from sustainable schemes to major commercial developments. So, if you are seeking variety, why not get in touch today to find out more?
For more information on this unique opportunity, get in touch with Graham Ventham at Conrad Consulting today on 01728 726120
Apply for Senior Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly