Resident Engineer (Arabic Speaking)
Resident Engineer – Roads and Infrastructure
40k – 45k AED pm
We are currently searching for an Arabic speaking Resident Engineer, with specialist experience in Roads and Infrastructure, on behalf of a global engineering consultancy building a team for a large-scale prestigious infrastructure project in Abu Dhabi. Our client delivers world class engineering projects across the GCC region and as such are looking for a talented individual who can perpetuate their values of excellence across the project. If you are a Resident Engineer looking to for your next role with a highly respected organization, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Working alongside a Senior Resident Engineer administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project, some of your duties will include:
- Being held responsible to the Employer in all Engineering duties during the construction of the Works.
- Maintaining a strong line of communication with the Contractor observing and inspecting the Contractor’s construction activities throughout the project lifecycle, making corrections to any activities, materials or equipment not in compliance with the contract specification.
- Monitor the performance of the construction supervision team.
- Consulting the client on the issuance of variations to the settlement of the Contractor’s accounts.
- Provide recommendations to the Employer for Contractor payments.
- Advise on contractual and construction matters regarding roadworks and associated works, utility diversions and installations, traffic diversions, road furniture and other related works.
- Maintain detailed site records, preparing progress reports as applicable.
- Review all drawings, design proposals, method statements, material submissions and any requests for information relating to the roadworks and associated works.
- Coordinate activities with the other discipline RE’s to maintain consistency and integrity in the overall construction.
- Coordinate with design team in order to resolve any related issues.
- Coordinate with Client, the Contractor and related concerned Authorities on any construction related issues.
- Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of HSE procedures on the project.
- Submittal of reports to the Employer on any accidents or near misses on site.
- Review the Contractors’ HSE reports and providing recommendations where necessary.
- Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
- Hold regular site meetings, acting as chair.
- Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals to all appropriate parties.
- Participate in contract administration.
You will need:
- Bachelors degree or higher in relevant civil engineering field
- 10+ years post graduate experience in design or construction management of large-scale major roads & infrastructure projects in the Gulf Region.
- C.Eng or PE registration is preferred.
- Prior experience in analysis of laboratory and technical reports, acceptance of sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken) with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
If you are interested in the aforementioned role, please do apply via the link, or contact Tom Fitzpatrick directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.