Principal Structural Engineer
Rendel is a growing specialist civil and structural engineering consultancy, with a strong tradition of bringing our expertise to prestigious and technically-challenging projects around the world.
Our team is currently working on the design of major infrastructure schemes including the HS2 C1 Chiltern Tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct, Hinkley Power Station, Eurotunnel UK Terminal and Al Zour Refinery in Kuwait.
We want to hear from you if you would like to join a diverse, friendly and resourceful team and work on interesting and challenging design projects in the UK and internationally.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Structures team in London or Birmingham; you will be expected to:
- Lead, project manage and undertake assignments in the UK and internationally
- Deliver engineering solutions and report results
- Undertake structural design and analysis using across a broad range of structural types and using various international standards
- Coordinate design as part of an internal team and liaise with external associated professionals and our clients
- Peer review, to ensure consistency and excellence in delivery of our technical work product
- Manage client relationships
- Act as a line manager with involvement in resourcing, recruitment, training and mentoring and coaching
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer (ICE/IStructE) with the following experience and knowledge:
- Working knowledge of structural processes and design, with particular emphasis on data interpretation, design & analysis, construction and advanced numerical modelling
- Computer analysis of structures and design of structural elements in common materials (steel, concrete, composite, fibre reinforced concrete and CFRP)
- Structural analysis/finite element software and familiarity managing projects with 3D BIM
- Managing projects, with a track record of delivering for your clients
Full details of this role can be found on our website