RC CAD Technicians and 3D CAD/BIM Technicians
Rendel is a growing specialist civil and structural engineering consultancy, with a strong tradition of bringing our expertise to prestigious and technically-challenging projects around the world.
Our team is currently working on the design of major infrastructure schemes including the HS2 C1 Chiltern Tunnels and Colne Valley Viaduct, Hinkley Power Station, Eurotunnel UK Terminal and Al Zour Refinery in Kuwait.
We want to hear from you if you would like to join a diverse, friendly and resourceful team and work on interesting and challenging design projects in the UK and internationally. We are based in a vibrant quarter of central London.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our CAD team; you will be expected to:
- Undertake work in 2D design (surface modelling), or 3D design (solid modelling)
- Create 3D displays of structures or other infrastructure for engineers or clients to take 'virtual tours' or identify clash detection
- Use designs to help prepare cost estimates on projects
- Work in a small team under the guidance of a design engineer
- Prepare dimensional drawings, construction drawings and more complex drawings
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes, while ensuring consistent documentation of the project
- Review plans, specifications and other documentation and maintain documentation for reference
- Establish filing guidelines for drawings to maintain up-to-date drawings
- Produce general arrangements, reinforced concrete details and schedules for pricing
The ideal candidate will have an Engineering qualification, with the following experience and knowledge;
- Working within design and drafting teams on infrastructure projects
- Reinforced concrete detailing
- Understanding of Eurocodes and other national and international design standards
- Software including; AutoCad Suites (2D & 3D), AECOsim, Bentley Microstation (InRoad, InRail etc), Tekla (advantageous), Revit
Full details of this role can be found on our website