Principal / Senior Engineer - Rail
Engineers – Rail – Warrington / Manchester
We currently have great opportunities for Rail Engineers at all levels to join our teams based in Warrington and Manchester. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team that is growing rapidly. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a rich diet of interesting and challenging rail projects and an opportunity to develop their careers with a successful global engineering consultancy.
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
About The Team
Our UK Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK’s most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works on programmes including Network Rail Northern and Central Programmes, HS2, Crossrail and renewals and enhancement schemes across Network Rail Routes.
Representing approximately 16% of our global business, the railway sector is one of Arcadis core markets, a position it has held throughout our 150-year history. We have an enviable reputation for delivery of some of the UK’s, and indeed the World’s, most prestigious and challenging schemes. We have been involved in all major rail programmes since the 1980s including the Jubilee Line Extension, West Coast Main Line, Thameslink, Crossrail, IEP, HS1, Northern Hub, HS2, and Euston Redevelopment.
We are focused on working with our clients to help them achieve the best possible outcomes from their built and natural assets. As a result of our continuing success, we are now keen to significantly grow our Rail Teams, specifically to work on our HS2 Main Works Civils contract for Sections C2 and C3, currently progressing through Scheme design and on to Detailed design during 2019/20.
You will provide design delivery on a variety of civils led multi-disciplinary projects within the rail environment. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be a key technical team member in the Warrington / Manchester Rail HS2 design team, involved the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
• You will have gained civil / structural design experience within the rail sector and in a consultancy environment
• Chartered or working toward Chartered Engineer status with ICE or IStructE
• Experience preparing design deliverables using civil engineering design software packages
• You will be an Innovative thinker, a team player, proactive and delivery focused
• An aptitude for Building Information Modelling and the workflow associated with projects delivered in a Common Data Environment
• You will possess the enthusiasm to tackle stretch tasks
• You will be flexible to travel throughout the UK
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven planning and organisation skills
• Good IT skills including Microsoft Office applications
Duties & Responsibilities
• You will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of technically challenging designs. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your design and technical knowledge.
• You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines in Common Data Environments and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job learning to attain Chartered Engineer status and develop industry knowledge though affiliations and continuing education.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to
• Developing skills and knowledge base in both the technical and management streams
• Assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
• Designing in 3D modelling environments such as AECOSim, Revit and Civil 3D
• Preparing design calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
• Participating in the resolution of technical issues
• Attending site to complete surveys in a rail environment
• Gaining experience and proficiency in Arcadis systems and procedures
• Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
• Building relationships with Clients on projects
• Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
Minimum Academic Qualifications
• Master’s degree in civil engineering or equivalent
• Student/Graduate membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE)
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We are passionate about your personal development
We offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field, who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Apply for Principal / Senior Engineer - Rail
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly