Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construct UK is recruiting an Accounts Clerk-Purchase Ledger to join the finance team based in Hemel Hempstead, travel between offices as required.
Reporting to the Purchase Ledger Manager you will Work within a large team with significant volume processing requirements, must be focussed on delivery. Engage closely with all stakeholders most notably Procurement and commercial in order to pay material suppliers promptly and correctly.
• Validate invoices for correct PO, VAT, Company name and bank details. Identify duplicates, organise corrections and credit notes.
• Process for payment high volumes of material purchase payments for operating regions in line with agreed company SLA's.
• Proactively and efficiently dealing with supplier queries.
• Proactively and efficiently dealing with price and quantity differences.
• Manage post
• Electronic filing of all paperwork
• Assist with ad hoc department projects as required
• Support the processing of BAM Property invoices, payment runs and the production of investment appraisal models.
Who are we looking for?
• Knowledge of SAP processing system, BasWare & Readsoft
• Ability to pay attention to detail to ensure accurate data entry and accurate checking of all payments
• Ability to communicate at a high level whilst dealing with telephone and email enquiries in order to resolve any query promptly
• Pro-active approach to problems - the ability to spot potential errors and resolve
• Ability to build good working relationships with both external suppliers and internal customers.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and ensure deadlines are met
• Ability to make decisions about referring potential problems to the Manager
• First class written and oral communication skills
Ideally you would have worked within the construction industry. You have had some experience with working in an accounts department. You have strong administrative skills, with the emphasis on accuracy rather than speed. You should have strong communication skills to be able to liaise with other departments/clients in a professional manner at all levels and most important, be an enthusiastic team player who takes pride in the work. Knowledge of Plant Hire, CIS and VAT is preferable.
It should be noted that the above information is not comprehensive and that other responsibilities or duties that are considered to fall within the remit of the Purchase Ledger Clerk post will arise from time to time.
What's in it for you?
In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, including a car allowance and bonus, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share our value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.