Building the present, creating the future
BAM Nuttall are delivering large scale, low carbon energy infrastructure projects across Scotland and we have an opportunity for a site agent to join our high performing team.
This is a challenging, exciting and rewarding role, delivering large civil engineering projects in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. As a site agent you will be responsible to lead a project team or a section of a larger project, working collaboratively with delivery partners to ensuring the highest standards are achieved in every aspect of project delivery. You should have an interest in the sector and show alignment with BAM core values. We also ask that you have a flexible approach to work location and be genuinely committed to developing your career with us, as we are with you.
Your key activities will include:
- Set personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures, and personal safety tours.
- Manage, supervise and mentor the project team as appropriate.
- Adopt, maintain and promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
- Implement and promote the use of BIM technologies to deliver the requirements of the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Maintain good working relationship with RE staff and the supply chain.
- Encourage repeat business by adopting a professional attitude with clients and stakeholders.
- Establish, maintain and monitor an effective, programme based cost management system, to facilitate control with reliable QF preparation.
- Ensure realistic short, medium and contract programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, briefed, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Ensure all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
- Use recorded weekly internal progress meetings to communicate with all levels of the team.
- Keep off-site line management apprised of potential problems and future work opportunities.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with buying department to ensure compliant advantageous procurement terms.
- Take a personal interest in developing staff to their next level.
- Keep abreast of developments in professional field.
- Establish close working relationship with general foreman to ensure cost-effective use of labour and plant.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Successful management of a section of a major project, or acting as sub-agent on a similar project.
- Thorough knowledge of company policy and relevant government legislation.
- Working knowledge of construction techniques and contract law relevant to construction contracts.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred).
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.