Agents – North of England
We are actively recruiting Agents to work on a number of exciting civil engineering projects throughout the North of England (currently Highways, Environment Agency works and Flood Defences) with current projects in the Leeds, Durham and Carlisle area’s, with further targeted opportunities across all civils sectors in the North of England.
Your key activities will include:
- Set personal example in health, safety and environmental matters.
- Manage, supervise and mentor the project team.
- Promote cost-conscious management through efficient use of all resources.
- Implement and promote the use of BIM technologies.
- Establish an effective, programme based cost management system.
- Ensure realistic programmes are prepared, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure method statements and risk assessments are prepared, briefed, reviewed and updated.
- Ensure all records for measurement and payment purposes are prepared promptly, in appropriate form.
- Ensure all necessary site based appointments are made with suitably trained and experienced staff.
- Use recorded weekly internal progress meetings to communicate with all levels of the team.
- Keep off-site line management apprised of potential problems and future work opportunities.
- Work closely with buying department to ensure compliant advantageous procurement terms.
- Develop staff to their next level.
- Ensure cost-effective use of labour and plant.
- Ideally you will be qualified to ICE Chartered level or equivalent (preferred).
- You will have successfully managed a project or section of project, within the Civil Engineering sector.
- You will have thorough knowledge of relevant government legislation and contract law.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.