Alliance Survey Manager - Manchester.
Required to work on the Transpennine Route Upgrade - Manchester to Leeds section.
Your key activities will include:
- Review scopes for consistency of requirements.
- Lead, coordinate, and review production, of (consistent) route wide specifications, in consultation with the design teams ("the specification").
- Ensure suitable QA is undertaken on specification and deliverables, liaising directly with PMO and NR IPNP survey manager, in line programme workflows.
- Interpretation of the scope, and what is the most appropriate method of providing the required data (i.e. historical information, new survey, type of survey).
- Gain approval of derogations where appropriate methods of outputs are not in line with standards.
- Attend TRU survey coordination meetings
- Liaise between design and delivery teams, communication both ways.
- Check for consistency in specifications produced by discipline leads (CRE's)
- Ensure the work on the ground is consistent with the specifications.
- Produce technical derogations for approval by IPNP Survey Manager.
- Undertaking adequacy reviews before the information is passed to the design teams.
- Support the surveys delivery team to ensure they have a full understanding of the specifications.
Your skills and experience should include:
- Practical, common sense approach.
- Clear, good mediation / persuasive skills.
- Output focused.
- Experience in the role in a rail environment.
- Good understanding of point cloud data extraction and other rail specific requirements.
- Flexible in terms of travel and attendance at sight when required.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.