Assistant Estimator - Sundridge
Who are we?
We are BAM Nuttall, part of the Royal BAM Group of civil engineers. Our group is one of Europe's largest contractors, employing 20,000 people globally, with an annual turnover of £7 billion. Our rail division is a growing, dynamic business, working with integrated teams to deliver high-quality work across the UK. We price civil engineering and building works, built in a rail environment, with values ranging between 500k to £150m, competitively tendered, and within frameworks.
Following the exciting award of the CP6 Southern Multi Discipline Framework from Network Rail, we are currently looking for Assistant Estimators to join our rapidly increasing pre-construction team.
What do we believe?
Our aim has always been to leave a place better than when we arrived. As well as being a well-run profitable business, we're dedicated to making a positive impact for future generations. And that's increasingly important in the world we live in today.
We do this through advancements in digital construction, safety and wellbeing and sustainable infrastructure. We're committed to:
- Leading the industry in digital construction and innovation, including BIM (Building Information Modelling).
- Enhancing the lives of people who live and work in communities with sustainable infrastructure that helps economies grow.
- Investing in our employees by creating safe places for them to work and supporting their development.
- Focusing on environmentally friendly solutions with the goal of having a net positive impact on society by 2020.
Where are we located?
Our new open-plan office is located in Sundridge, Sevenoaks, Kent.
What will you do?
As an estimator in our Preconstruction team, you will play a key role in preparing properly considered cost estimates and budget prices to meet specified timescales for schemes covering a range of civil engineering industry sectors, work types, locations and value.
- Coordinate with the pre-construction team.
- Organise and prepare supply chain enquiries.
- Contribute to financial submissions.
- Prepare and present estimates in conjunction with the Bid Managers, Senior Managers and Directors at cost estimate reviews and settlement meetings.
- Coordinate with the Estimator and Bid Manager on all aspects relating to the financial submission.
- Contribute to collecting and distributing feedback.
- Assist in preparation and hand over of tender information to project teams.
What are our requirements?
- Degree, HND in Civil Engineering or NVQ equivalent level.
- Suitable civil engineering site experience, with good awareness of construction methods and typical production rates / outputs for basic activities.
What would be desirable for this role?
- Member of relevant professional institution.
- Awareness of UK civil construction market.
- Awareness of common forms of contract.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.