Assistant Geotechnical Engineer
You will be working as a member of a team within the Ground Engineering business unit reporting to the Team Leader, and will support the Geotechnical Projects and deliverables within a specialist design team covering a range of activities from project feasibility through to detailed design and construction support.
Core duties would include the following:
- Maintain a role appropriate level of client contact for project delivery and ensure that project delivery meets the client's objectives and requirements
- Ensure that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and completed in accordance within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Company's Integrated Management Systems (IMS)
- Undertake elements of the detailed design
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development of others
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines as required
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Specific Technical Skills in geotechnical design as appropriate to the role
- Have appropriate experience in design, construction supervision and administration.
- Familiarity with relevant Technical software packages such as, Word, Excel, AutoCAD, GIS and Slope Stability software.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English
With respect to qualifications we are looking for the following:
- A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering / Geology / Geotechnical Engineering or Engineering Geology.
- Working towards a recognised professional qualification and membership of appropriate professional bodies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good report writing skills.
- The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
What's in it for you?
An open and friendly environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you'll help to develop and shape tomorrow's communities by being a trusted consultant to our clients.We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Closing Date: 30th September 2019
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we'd love to hear from you.
More about us ??????.
Approachable and committed people are the core our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work.Continuous development of your expertise is not an option but a requirement.
Sweco plans and designs the communities and cities of the future. Our work produces sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and access to electricity and clean water.With 16,000 employees in Europe, we offer our clients the right expertise for every situation.We carry out projects in 70 countries annually throughout the world.Sweco is the leading engineering and architecture consultancy in Europe, with sales of approximately SEK 18.7 billion (EUR 1.8 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Sweco is committed to achieving equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.