Building a sustainable tomorrow
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - South England and London
BAM Nuttall, Rail South Division, is recruiting an Assistant QS, based in our Kent office (Sundridge) and/or Network Rail's London (currently Southwark) office, with some travel to sites across the South East. The Rail South team are delivering a 5-year Framework for Network Rail and can offer an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or early stage career quantity surveyor, who would like to work with a main contractor that can offer comprehensive industry training and development. A car or car allowance will be provide as some travel to projects within the framework region will be required .
Your key activities will include:
• Reporting to a QS.
• Assist in preparing subcontract enquiries / quotation comparisons and subcontract documents.
• Participate in recording of and payment for subcontract work, including processing of subcontract payments.
• Assist in cost monitoring of site resources and undertake costing activities.
• Assist in valuation of changes to work scope.
• Measure completed works for interim and final accounts.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
• Basic knowledge of construction industry scope, relationships and practice.
• Formal relevant qualification - Degree; HNC/D.
• Good communication and IT skills.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.