Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construct UK is recruiting a Bid Manager to join the National Frameworks team. The position will involve a mixture of working from home, on site and working out of the regional office in Leeds. BAM operates a flexible working policy.
The role of the Frameworks Team is to bid and manage existing Frameworks for customers such as for the Department for Education, the Department of Health and Social Care and HMRC and to help the Regional Construction Teams win a place on Regional Frameworks and Framework Projects.
This role reports to the Framework Director and will play a key role in work winning through bid strategy, implementing bid processes, preparing answer plans, bid writing and reviews and coordinating multi-disciplinary bid teams in such a way that establishes the conditions for high performance.
• Developing market intelligence and bid strategies that exceed customer expectations.
• Working with regional teams to secure positions on local regional frameworks and call off projects.
• Develop and manage the bid plan, including: bid programme/responsibility matrix, all trackers, reminders, resource schedule and bid governance.
• Taking ownership of: PQQs/SQs, writing submission documents, co-ordinating technical elements, managing consultant input and carrying out the bid review process. Manage the flow of Client Information, the clarification process, including the distribution of the clarification log and managing the internal actions
• Manage the flow of bid information through a Framework specific Mailbox including all messages and calendar invitations. All attachments and any technical bid content to be saved and electronically filed on the central Framework System.
• Ensure submissions and project documents are compliant, high quality and delivered on time. Where required, work with the central/regional graphics teams to produce high quality images and graphics to improve the presentation of documents. Manage the presentation of the submission and issue to the client.
• Ensure all meetings are formalised, recorded and actions followed up, including chairing weekly progress calls.
• Manage the review process, distribute answer plans (first and second drafts), external review.
• Prepare and when required present Governance Papers for Tender Settlement and the Stage Gate System as required by the Framework Director and Commercial Team.
• Carry out and document a lessons learnt exercise following each bid.
• Maintain standard documents library to support bids, project documents, presentations, marketing materials and project data sheets.
• Develop Framework networks and positively promote BAM Framework profile and maintain excellent relationships with BAM teams, Clients, Framework partners and other key stakeholders.
• Supporting the identification and creation of new ideas and opportunities to work with other operating companies within Royal BAM Group where appropriate, e.g. BAM International, BAM Nuttall, BAM PPP
• Work with the Frameworks Director and in collaboration with the business to develop best practice.
• Support the development and positive team ethos within the Frameworks Team
Who are we looking for?
• A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a similar role of Assistant Bid Management or Bid Management will be an advantage
• It will be important to have a detailed understanding of the bid management process
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to write and review bid proposals
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.