Building the present, creating the future
The TRU West Alliance is delivering a key part of the Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU), a multi-billion pound investment programme that will increase capacity and provide space for millions more passengers in the north every year. The TRU West Alliance is responsible for this transformation between Leeds and Manchester Victoria.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team in Leeds working on the TRU West Programme as Bid Manager. This is a key role to support the internal Bid Directorate within TRU and assist in the management of timely submissions of "section proposals" (internal bids) to the Client organisation to help secure the staged funding of the scheme. Support would be through the GRIP 4 to 6 stages of the Programme for the key £1bn section of the scheme between Huddersfield and Dewsbury with option to support other parts of the wider TRU scheme.
Your role resposibilities will include:
- Responsible to the Commercial Manager for the management and development of each Section Proposal to the agreed schedule and required quality.
- Functional reporting line to the Bid Lead and close collaboration with all members of the Section Proposal Team.
- Coordinate input from all members of the Project and Bid Team, including, Bid Writing, Commercial, Estimating, Planning, Design, Engineering, Civil Construction, Rail System, SPC, Surveys, Integration and Procurement colleagues.
- Work closely with functional staff in developing the plan for 'cost centre' input, as required for each Section Proposal.
- Provide support and technical information to the Bid Lead and Bid Director for decision making and as required by the Alliance and Client teams.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
Relevant experience in the successful delivery and/or coordinating development of bids, tenders and/or estimating submissions.
Ability to develop and work within a successful team.
Excellent communication with demonstrable delivery of leadership.
Project Management skills
Member of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level, desirable.
Knowledge of/experience in the UK railway industry, desirable.
Knowledge of/experience in Alliancing, desirable.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including company car / allowance; pension; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.