Building a sustainable tomorrow
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bid Manager to join our team in York working on the CP6 Programme of Rail Enhancements and Renewals across the region.
This is a key role to support and assist in the management and preparation of timely bid submissions to secure projects for our development and delivery teams.
You key ativities will include:
- Responsible to the Pre-Construction Manager for the management and development of each bid to the agreed schedule and required quality.
- Functional reporting line to the Bid Lead and close collaboration with all members of the Project Team.
- Coordinate input from all members of the Project and Bid Team, including, Bid Writing, Commercial, Estimating, Planning, Design, Engineering, Civil Construction, Rail System, SPC, Surveys, Integration and Procurement colleagues.
- Work closely with functional staff in developing the plan for 'cost centre' input, as required for each proposal.
- Provide support and technical information to the Bid Lead and his/her team to facilitate effective decision making.
Who are we looking for?
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Relevant experience in the successful delivery and/or coordinating development of bids, tenders and/or estimating submissions.
- Project Management skills and the ability to develop and work within a successful team.
- Excellent communication with demonstrable delivery of leadership.
- Knowledge of/experience in the UK railway industry
- Commercial skills.
- Member of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level is desirable.
- Knowledge of/experience in Alliancing is desirable.
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes car / car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; mentoring and people networks; fair opportunities.