BIM Coordinator - London
You will join BMB Tideway West (BAM Nuttall, Morgan Sindall, Balfour Beatty) as an integral part of the BIM team, aiding in the support of the design and construction teams.
Your key activities will include:
- Produce drawings within the ProjectWise CDE.
- Manage existing models using appropriate CAD techniques.
- Push drawings and models through the managed workflow within ProjectWise.
- Process incoming third party data from specialist suppliers.
- Support the construction team in the coordination, and occasional modelling of temporary works.
- Ensure current BIM data is available and used by construction team.
- Import and coordinate survey and as built data.
- Maintain the federated model so that it reflects the situation on site.
- Feedback information to BIM team site engineers and designers on the project.
- Produce 4D models and simulations.
- Investigate advancements in technology and BIM.
- Upskill construction team.
- Give one to one training and guidance to construction team using Bentley software.
- Synchro 4D experience.
- Perform quality assurance checks and formally issue deliverables (drawings, PIMs, etc.).
- Assist suppliers in delivering compliant models or adjusting delivered content where necessary.
- Process, check and issue design deliverables from design partners.
Your experience and knowledge should include:
- Bentley AECOsim expert user - essential.
- Bentley Navigator experience.
- Bentley ProjectWise experience (familiar with the use of workflows).
- Synchro Professional experience.
- Experience with a contractor on a live construction site preferred, but not essential.
- Understanding of the pillars of BIM and the PAS 1192 suite of documents.
- Autodesk experience preferred, but not essential
- Strong CAD background.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering a high-quality product to tight deadlines.
We would be interested to hear of any other skills that you think may be beneficial to the role in addition to the core competencies listed above, such as Python programming, FML transformations, animation using Unity, although this is not essential to the role.
Your qualifcations and skills should include:
- HNC in civil engineering or similar.
- Professional membership and professional qualifications in Building or Engineering are desired in addition to a valid CSCS card.
- Good communication skills, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- Proficiency in IT, numeracy and good written communication skills.
What do we offer?
- Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; private healthcare; salary sacrifice scheme; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
- Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development; career opportunities including coaching; mentoring and mentee scheme; membership of people networks; recognition and celebration of business and team achievements.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.