Building the present, creating the future
Building Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing Engineer
The role is for a MEP Engineer to join the BAM Team on the British Antarctic Survey Construction Partnership project.
The individual will work as an integrated member of the site team, during preparation and execution stage of the of the project. The pre-construction office is at British Antarctic Survey in Cambridge. .
The individual will report to BAM's Design and Engineering Manager/Construction Manager. The support the individual provides will be to the primary benefit to BAM Nuttall, whilst coordinating with designers/subcontractors ensuring a robust engineering solution that meets the Client's requirements.
The works consists of the design and build of a new research building, and site wide services network to support the new and existing facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design review and coordination with MEP subcontractor
- Design coordination with other disciplines, such as structures, architectural, special systems
- Ensure design is in compliance with the specification, identify potential scope gaps or exposure.
- Preparation and coordination of the engineering documents, such as: shop drawings, method statements, material submittals, ITP's, etc. ) All have to be shared/distributed in accordance with BIM Level 2 standard as described in the project BIM Execution Plan.
- Obtaining document approvals (internally and externally)
- Coordination of MEP subcontractor during installation work on site.
- Ensure materials are fabricated to the agreed standard and quality.
- Ensure materials are packed and delivered to the port of transport timely and appropriately, following the Environmental hand book of the Employer
- Materials are installation following approved activity plans/method statement, complying with BAM safety standards.
- Ensure testing and commissioning plans are prepared and adhered to.
- Ensure FAT/SAT are undertaken at the appropriate time in the process.
- Ensure 'as-built's are kept up to date.
- Produce TQ's as appropriate
- Coordinate with/ attend meetings with BAS - representing BAM's interests.
- Coordinate with/ attend meetings with MEP suppliers and subcontractors - representing BAM's interests.
- Expedite procurement/ manufacture - report on progress
- Hold/ attend site coordination meetings and plan/ schedule installation activities
- Record change and instructions
- Assist the commissioning manager for building services systems
- Assist the quality team with completion of ITP's
Who are we looking for?
- Degree or technically qualified engineer in Mechanical/Electrical or Building Services Engineering.
- Member of IMechE/ IET/ CIBSE or has the qualifications to become chartered.
- Cumulative 5-10 years' experience and competency in Building Services,
- Project Experience >£5M MEP, preferably some airport experience.
- The candidate should be familiar with and able to use the microsoft suite of office programmes.
- Good communications skills, be well organised, be flexible.
- Awareness of BIM Level 2, common data environment, Government Soft Landings, BREEAM is advantages.
- Awareness of NEC3 contract is essential.
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes car / car allowance, matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; mentoring and people networks; fair opportunities.