Building a sustainable tomorrow
The Transpennine Route Upgrade Project (TRU) is a circa £2b multi-disciplinary project upgrading the existing railway route between Manchester and Leeds through the Pennines. It is the largest rail and infrastructure project in the north of England over the next 5 years. BAM work as part of the Transpire Alliance structure with Amey, Arup and Network Rail, meaning we all have Alliance facing roles as well as undertaking our BAM responsibilities.
Role Purpose: To ensure the conversion of opportunities for Intelligent Engineering. This will involve discussions with each of the originators and working to define and assist development of cost and benefit proposals to ensure design to cost and achieve the target savings for the project.
The role requires;
• Understanding of latest design, material and process opportunities including Modern Methods of Construction
• Experience of working in an Alliance is desirable.
• Desirable Knowledge of Rail industry and its application of BIM technologies
• Competency in Lean Construction and Quality/Assurance Methods
KEY ORGANISATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
• Project Director
• Commercial Team
• Planning & Controls
• Risk team
• Business Improvement Team
Who are we looking for?
KEY SKILLS ESSENTIAL/DESIRABLE
Essential: • Experience of leading Improvement projects with quantifiable benefits.
• Knowledge & experience in the construction industry.
• Knowledge & experience in Quality Management
• The ability to influence and engage Individuals & teams at every level.
• Working in an alliancing environment
• Lean Six Sigma qualification or equivalent
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.