At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM are recruiting a Caretaker at Robert Blake and Elmwood School based in Bridgwater. Under the instruction/guidance of the Premises Manager to provide maintenance and security services on school sites and premises. This is a 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year position. Monday to Friday, working a two-shift pattern between the hours of 6am to 10:30pm.
About the role
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Lock/unlock school buildings and areas
• Undertake regular security checks and identify security risks
• Monitor fire safety equipment and carry out fire drills
• Operate and respond to alarm systems where appropriate, outside of any specialist monitoring brief
• Liaise with security and surveillance contractors
• Provide emergency access to the school site
• Undertake maintenance across the school involving minor repairs, plumbing, and waste/removal
Who are we looking for?
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Caretaking/site-keeping or trade experience in a similar environment
• Good numeracy/literacy skills / GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
• Willingness to develop knowledge of use of ICT and other specialist equipment/resources
• Working knowledge of relevant polices/codes of practice/legislation
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Ability to relate well to children and adults
• Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures and precautions
• Knowledge of COSHH regulations
• Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
• Demonstrate a flexible attitude and willingness to work as part of a team. Show the ability to assist other team members in the discharge of their duties
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
Successful applicants will need to carry out an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check, the cost of this will be met by the company.