Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Caretaker to join North Bromsgrove High School. This role will be working 35 hours per week, working a rotational shift pattern to cover site operational hours from 7.00 am - 10.00 pm Monday - Friday.
You will be responsible for the general safety, security and upkeep of the school premises. You will assist the schools to control access to the school site/building, maintaining security and reporting incidents where necessary. You will undertake some basic DIY duties and repairs and will also be involved in the arrangement of outside contractors for more complicated works which may be planned or reactive.
• Opening and Closing (school gates and building main entrance doors). Closing windows, fire doors and locking of internal classroom doors.
• Responding to fire alarms & intruder alarms during occupied hours.
• Testing fire sprinkler systems
• Liaising with fire & intruder systems engineers to resolve system faults.
• Fire door checks
• Emergency lighting inspections
• Monitoring CCTV systems
• Litter picking and bin emptying
• Cleaning and tidying the internal school buildings in designated areas when required
• Sweeping yards, play areas, car parks etc
• Rock salt spreading on path ways
• General maintenance and minor DIY repairs
• Painting as required
• Third Party Bookings as required (equipment set up & on-site supervision)
• Preparation of Halls, Sports/Gym, classrooms etc. for exams, school activities & functions
• Receive and check-in delivered goods
• General Porterage
• Carry out periodic safety inspections of the work place
• Report building defects
• Plant room checks
• Utilities meter reading
• Undertake emergency isolations
• Attend regular training sessions as required
Who are we looking for?
To succeed in this role:
• Previous experience in a School Caretaker role is beneficial but not essential as all necessary training will be provided.
• A proactive and flexible approach to work is essential and all applicants must be willing to be available at short notice to cover additional school hours Monday - Friday.
• All applicants must hold a full driving license and have their own transport.
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
All staff employed by BAM FM will be required to hold enhanced DBS Clearance.