Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM FM is recruiting a Caretaker to join their team in Oasis Academy, Shirehampton, Bristol.
This role is a 52 week a year position, 37 hours per week (exact hours are flexible).
Under the instruction/guidance of appropriate senior staff, you will provide maintenance & security services on school sites & premises
• Lock/unlock school buildings and areas
• Undertake regular security checks and identify security risks
• Monitor fire safety equipment and carry out fire drills
• Operate and respond to alarm systems where appropriate, outside of any specialist monitoring brief
• Liaise with security and surveillance contractors
• Provide emergency access to the school site
• Undertake appropriate repairs e.g. redecorating and fixing
• Undertake minor/simple repairs e.g. minor plumbing, changing light bulbs unblocking drains
• To organise and carry out various maintenance duties to ensure that the general upkeep and maintenance of the premises is satisfactory, as per specific schedule for the site.
• To organise and carry out minor decoration & improvement works.
• To monitor and make minor adjustments to the BMS system.
• To be responsible for the operation of a preventative planned maintenance programme and for routine inspections of the buildings, fixtures, fittings, furniture, premises and grounds to assess for minor work or repairs required to be carried out to maintain safe and satisfactory conditions
• To carry out checks of heating plant and lighting systems
• Undertake regular site inspections and identify and record repair and maintenance requirements
• Identify defects and record repair and maintenance requirements
• Collect and assemble waste for removal
• Assisting in management, administration.
• Undertake emergency & specialist cleaning tasks.
• Undertake cleaning duties such as graffiti removal, litter-picking
• Provide emergency access to the site
• Coordinate deliveries to the site
• Monitor performance of contracts and record performance against specified standards
• Liaise with contractors & undertake client role in connection with premises-related contracts
• To assist in safety audits of the premises and contribute to relevant risk assessment activity
Who are we looking for?
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Caretaking/site-keeping or trade experience in a similar environment
• Good numeracy/literacy skills / GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
• Willingness to develop knowledge of use of ICT and other specialist equipment/resources
• Working knowledge of relevant polices/codes of practice/legislation
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Ability to relate well to children and adults
• Knowledge of Health & Safety procedures and precautions
• Knowledge of COSHH regulations
• Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
• Demonstrate a flexible attitude and willingness to work as part of a team. Show the ability to assist other team members in the discharge of their duties
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Your work environment
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
Closing date for applications is 28th October 2021.