Building a sustainable tomorrow
BAM FM is recruiting a Chef Manager to join our Crawley schools contract.
This post is to support the Executive Chef in our Crawley Schools catering contracts, through the operation and logistics of running the kitchen and service delivery operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the existing team to shape the way school meals will be delivered within Crawley Schools to meet the demand of Universal Free School Meals and wider service requirements.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, you will work closely with clients, subcontractors, and colleagues, exercising excellent team working skills and building positive relationships, and have experience of Catering project management and delivery
You will be a craft trained chef and responsible for delivering food service, supporting the staffing needs, recruitment, training, safety conversations as well as supporting menu development, school auditing and attending both internal and client facing meetings.
You will be flexible in your approach and be able to fit into the business needs as and when required. Due to the geographical area and service continuity required for the operation, this role will also be responsible for absence cover within the kitchens.
• Preparation hot and cold meals: prepare food in accordance with agreed menus & recipes
• Responsible for managing food delivery within the school
• Adhering to current HACCP and food safety regulations & procedures
• Ensuring and encouraging clean processes of food preparation
• Managing Food Production levels while minimizing the wastage
• Use current management system to maintain food safety records
• Monitor and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies
• Ensure safe working practices around the kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues.
• Maintain accurate stock levels, including kitchen materials.
• Assist in achieving financial targets set out by the Executive Chef and Facilities Manager
• Assist in managing waste through correct product measurement
• Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training & by attending courses
• Always adhere to all company policies & procedures
• Be involved and contribute to team meetings
• Carry out all instructions given by the management team & head office
• Treat all customers with courtesy and consideration, in accordance with customer service training.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience working as a Chef Manager in high volume catering within Education sector or Contract Catering
• Food Safety Hygiene (level 3) Certificate - Desirable
• NVQ level 2 in hospitality industry
• Innovative and creative
• Experienced in menu planning and costing
• Experience of H&S and Food Safety
• Knowledge of health and safety good practice and its implementation in the kitchen
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
• Good ICT Skills
• Ability to use relevant catering equipment and train the staff on the use
• Knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions
• In depth knowledge of COSHH regulations
• Knowledge of health and hygiene procedures
• Willingness to participate in development and training opportunities
• Desirable to have a current clean driving license and a willingness to drive
• Excellent organizational, presentation, communication, team building & interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent people management skills
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.