Civil / Structural CAD Technician
£35k - £40k per annum
Are you a skilled and enthusiastic CAD Technician who is currently seeking a new challenge? Would you thrive in a busy multi-disciplinary engineering practice?
Our client is a thriving multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy that is committed to engineering technical excellence, delivering a broad range of specialist consultancy services in Civils, Infrastructure, Rail, Marine and Structural fields across the south east of England.
As part of their continued growth, they are looking to recruit a Civil / Structural CAD Technician to join their expanding team in Ipswich on a full time, permanent basis. This successful CAD Technician will work predominantly within their heavy civils / Rail team.
- Site inspection/survey work,
- Technical and CAD drawings (Computer Aided Design),
- Assisting with design and general office duties,
- Assisting project managers to deliver project work,
- Attend meetings and represent the company.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a CAD Technician within an engineering consultancy,
- A high level of computer literacy with good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel and Word,
- GCSE English grade 4/C or above and GCSE Maths Grade 5-6/B or above,
- Experience of working on heavy civils / rail projects would be beneficial,
- Good time management, conscious of and able to work to set deadlines,
- Attention to Detail,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
They are looking for people who are ambitious, motivated, and keen to fully embrace the opportunities and benefits that the excellent training and interesting project work has to offer.
If you would like to know more, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.