Building a sustainable tomorrow
Are you a university student studying for a Construction Management or Construction Project Management degree? Our year-out placement provides the opportunity to put the knowledge you have learnt at university into action on a live project!
Starting as an Trainee Construction Manager you will support the construction project team, as part of your longer journey towards Chartered (MCIOB) status of the Chartered Institution of Building.
As an Trainee Construction Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Set a personal example in health, safety and environmental matters by ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures through method statements, risk assessments and briefings
- Maintain good working relationship with all BAM supply chain
- Support site team as required in operating the cost management system & the production of programmes
- Assist the site team as required to procure necessary materials, sub-contracts and plant in sufficient time
- Support site team in compilation of ITP's (Quality Plan) and carry out BAM internal quality management system to ensure a defect free handover.
Who are we looking for?
- Currently studying towards a degree in Construction Management or Construction Project Management
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and self-motivated
- Due to the nature of our business, you may be required to travel and stay away from home
Who are we?
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
Successful candidates will start with the business in Summer 2022.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we will not be able to provide specific feedback to every candidate.