Contaminated Land Professional / Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Job Title: Contaminated Land Professional
Salary: GBP35,000 - GBP45,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is an independent, integrated safety, environment and engineering consultancy, and was established in 1996 in Glasgow, Scotland. Since then, the firm has grown to employ 40 motivated engineers, scientists and supporting professionals across the U.K. They have regional offices in: Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Inverness and Middlesbrough.
Increasing enquiries in land and planning-related projects has opened up this opportunity for an experienced Contaminated Land Professional with a great technical track-record and a business network to help deliver and grow the business.
They're seeking to recruit an experienced Contaminated Land Professional to join the growing team in the Glasgow office. The position may require travel, occasional overnight stays throughout the U.K., and potentially work trips to Ireland, Europe and further overseas depending on project requirements. A positive place to work, they aim to implement the motto 'See a Difference' in everything that they do.
The successful applicant will work within the Environment team. Responsibilities will include:
- Project planning and delivery of contaminated land site assessment and remediation projects, to the required quality standards.
- Planning and delivery of baseline studies and surrender site projects for Permitted facilities (e.g. PPC Part A).
- Liaison with regulators e.g. SEPA.
- Appointing, managing and coordinating inputs from the range of specialist sub-consultants, and ensuring that their outputs meet the required standards.
- Preparation of fee proposals and bids.
- Leading business development and marketing activities to win projects.
- Effective communication with clients, colleagues, partner organisations, other stakeholders and sub-contractors.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A BSc, BEng, or MSc/MEng in e.g. Soil Science, Geotechnical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Full membership of an appropriate professional body and/or be a Chartered Environmentalist or Engineer.
- Experience in contaminated land site assessment, including site works and driller supervision.
- Experience in remediation options appraisal.
- Experience in groundwater detailed quantitative risk assessment.
- Experience in geotechnical engineering, including project planning, regulatory/planning agency co-ordination and delivery.
- A successful track record of Project Management and delivery.
- Experience of delivery of PPC-related site investigation/reporting.
- A thorough understanding of the regulatory system in Scotland is required.
- A network of business, client and regulatory contacts.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills with the ability to win projects.
- Excellent report writing and client liaison skills.
- Successful business development experience.
- Experience of working within a consultancy environment, and
- Adaptable and flexible combined with technical excellence.
The following is desirable:
- A knowledge of planning/EIA, including best practice guidelines, planning processes and environmental assessment methods.
- Flood risk assessment knowledge and experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Be self-motivated with a desire and enthusiasm to be successful.
- Have excellent personal interface and communications abilities.
- Have excellent oral, listening and written communication skills.
- Have strong analytical skills including statistics.
- Be a 'self-starter' with significant commercial awareness.
- Have effective project delivery skills - delivering to the right quality, on time and in budget.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Professional software packages; AutoCAD experience is also desirable for this position.
- Have a full U.K. driving licence.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a successful and expanding team.
The selected candidate will work within a supportive and driven team, contributing to meeting Group targets for sales, successful project delivery and client satisfaction.
Some travel will be involved; company pool cars are available. Occasionally travel by air will be required, for which a valid passport and photo ID is required.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Contaminated Land Consultant, Geotechnical Consultant, Geoenvironmental Engineer, Land Consultant, Contaminated Land Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer, Environmental Land Consultant, EIA Planning, Geotechnical Engineering may also be considered for this role.
35000.00 - 45000.00 GBP Annual