Building the present, creating the future
BAM are recruiting a Country Buyer Indirect for its UK operating companies, BAM Construct UK and BAM Nuttall. The role can be based in any of our UK office locations and may require visits to our head offices in Surrey and Hertfordshire.
The goal is to develop a 'best in class' procurement function which supports the global strategy of BAM, the Procurement strategy and objectives, and leverages our scale, whilst also balancing our local project delivery and commercial requirements. The Country Buyer Indirect reports and operates in the Group Head Procurement CoE team responsible for procurement of the indirect categories. Indirect procurement is the sourcing of all goods and services for BAM, enabling BAM to maintain and develop its operations. Indirect procurement is preferably organised on the highest possible organisational level. The country buyer enables, executes and promotes sourcing in line with defined category strategies on country or operating company level. The Country Buyer Indirect is the first and most important messenger of the Group Procurement category strategy in the country or OpCo.
• Source to contract process for indirect categories on country and operating company level;
• Commercial and financial contract management related to the agreements in place with our preferred vendors;
• Execute the Group Procurement Category strategy in the country or OpCo for the relevant indirect products/services;
• Identify business needs for products and services in the indirect categories domain;
• Stakeholder mapping and engagement;
• Maintain relations with all relevant responsible people inside and outside BAM on operational, tactical and strategic level;
• Run Request for Information and Request for Proposal processes, followed by contracting activities in close cooperation with BAM Legal;
• Frequent alignment with Group category management;
Who are we looking for?
Education & Experience
• A completed bachelor's degree
• Five years of relevant work experience, preferably in the field of Indirect Purchasing
• Relevant work experience in a complex project or matrix organisation is appreciated
• Fluent in English (and native in local language)
• Awareness of the environment
• Oral communication
• Written communication
• Problem analysis
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
It is BAM's mission to build sustainable environments that enhance people's lives by enabling the right people to capitalise on state-of-the-art knowledge, resources and digital technologies, providing solutions across the total construction life cycle for the Group's clients and generating maximum value for its stakeholders.
We are moving to One BAM which means we will further drive continuous improvement, knowledge sharing and common solutions.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.