BAM Ritchies are seeking a Depot Supervisor to manage and supervise our Godstone Depot.
The base of operations will be our office at Godstone, Surrey, reporting to the Works Manager for Ground Investigation with site works throughout South East England.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is experienced and able to operate in the following environment.
• Ensure workplace risk assessments are carried out
• Effectively communicate briefing
• Regularly review compliance with the Depot Management Plan
• Provide clear and concise data, reports, and records
• Promote the development of innovative ideas to improve safety and efficient
• Discuss daily/weekly work programmes with Foreman/Works Manager
• Discuss and organise resources to meet workload in collaboration with operational team
• Carry out safety & Environment inspections
• Maintain personal diary/CPD record/CV to demonstrate career development
• Ensure Environmental compliance with the depot including BAM Smart
• Control depot maintenance and utilities
• Increase knowledge of costs and incomes through monthly / monitoring
• Disposal of end of life assets
• Consideration for new purchases
• Actively promote Beyond Zero culture and "Your Safety is my safety"
• Supervise other staff when they are in the yard
• Manage & record site consumables in and out of the depot
• Book and Co-ordinate site transport requirements
• Liaise with Plant supervisors and fitters to ensure plant requests are delivered in a timely manor
• storage, logging and retrieval of material samples
• Annual stock takes
• Arrange Booking of courier/transport for samples/equipment
• manage storage, issuing and calibration of equipment
• Ensure compliance with LOLER and BAM management of lifting equipment
• Maintain plant hire register
• Undertake the role of Fire Marshal for depot
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.