Design Delivery Manager
Design Delivery Manager - York.
The Renewals and Enhancements Framework (CP6) requires a Design Delivery Manager to manage the production of Approval In Principle and Detailed designs.
Across the framework the designs will include: underbridge / overbridge strengthening, repair, and replacement; level crossing upgrades / replacements; scour protection and coastal defences; station refurbishment; Enhancements projects such as new stations; Ancillary Civils for other disciplines.
You will promote the use of engineering expertise and advice to add value to the process of design development, and oversee and support Design Coordinators. You will also assist with reporting progress and issues to other departments.
The role will be located in the regional office in York, with regular travel required for meeting attendance in the York area, and occasional site meetings around the LNE region.
Your key activities will include:
- Monitoring the design programme and ensuring programme milestones are met.
- Production of design commission briefs for inclusion in design appointment documentation.
- Managing the interface between designs and any affected areas or parties including temporary works, the public, the operational railway, and stakeholders.
- Performing peer reviews of technical proposals.
- Investigating emerging new techniques and technologies in design management and advising on suitable application.
- Implementing the 3D design delivery strategy to inform and deliver the project BIM Execution Plan (BEP) requirements.
- Managing the delivery of guidance and service support to bid and project meetings to contribute a clear view for delivering design management.
- Engendering collaboration between BAM Nuttall and the design partners.
- Establishing and promoting best practice in health, safety, sustainability, cost, time, buildability, and appropriate quality matters.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Civil engineering degree.
- Knowledge of civil engineering sufficient to work toward Incorporated / Chartered member level of ICE.
- Minimum 5 years' experience of design / design management / construction to inform design compliance and constructability reviews.
- Awareness of design codes, specifications and standards relating to core construction activities and materials.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently when required.
- Familiarity with the rail environment preferred but not essential.
- PTS and CSCS certification preferred but not essential.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.