Building the future, creating the present
You will provide the skills required to support the development and adoption of the latest technological approaches to construction as this is key to the future success of BAM.
Companywide new skills need be learnt and honed so that the business is equipped to adapt to and maximise the opportunities that this technology provides. This role's primary purpose is to support that skills development. As a lead for skills development, you will identify and monitor skills requirements while developing and delivering training and mentoring programmes to support improvements in digital construction skills.
Your key activities will include:
- Carry out training needs analysis and advise stakeholders of suitable programmes and development to support digital construction.
- Identify efficient and effective delivery methods.
- Agree efficient, effective and affordable solutions with subject experts.
- Lead projects while working collaboratively to develop learning modules.
- Manage the scoping, development and delivery of DC skills development programmes.
- Support the development of training & deliver train the trainer sessions in technology, concepts and processes associated with digital construction and information management.
- Review existing training programmes with owners and provide advice as to how a digital approach can be incorporated into these programmes.
- Review and maintain digital competencies that exist within role profiles.
- Ensure all activities are in line with organisational standards and other developments and programmes.
- Work with technical specialists to help them develop their training to ensure high standards of training that meet users' needs and provide clear business value.
- Facilitate alternative opportunities to support upskilling such as networking, digital mentoring/reverse mentoring and webinars.
- Support divisional leads and major projects/frameworks to identify training needs to support the use and adoption of the technology stack for any given tender/project.
- Develop training programmes that are standardised and accessible for all.
- Evaluate learning programmes and incorporate results into continuous improvement across the trainer resource.
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
Your skills and experience should include:
- Experience in the delivery of construction projects.
- Some experience in the use of modelling software.
- Experience with information management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous training experience.
Travel across the UK will be required most weeks. If Leeds is not a convenient office/base other locations could be London, Camberley, Leeds or Warrington.
Some travel to Europe may be required when working with other BAM operating companies.
You will need to have experience in site surveying and a working knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D, particularly with earthworks modelling.
Training will be given to develop understanding of data management, 4 and 5D software platforms, together with field data capture systems. Mentoring will be given to establish capability to deliver the role of digital surveying specialist within BAM Nuttall's digital construction programme.
You will be expected to be based at Head Office, Camberley, however arrangements for some periods of working from home can be agreed. You should be prepared to travel within the UK, including some overnight stays.
What do we offer?
The team has an agile approach to working with flexible arrangements and home working is permitted, provided this is balanced with business needs. Working from home often on Mondays or Fridays for instance is likely to be acceptable. All arrangements are by agreement with your line manager.
It is anticipated that this role will evolve over time to one that supports digital construction generally within BAM.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.