Building the present, creating the future
We require a full time Document Controller/Admin Assistant to join our York office (42.5 hours a week). Candidate will support the business through effective document control services. It is essential that all applicants have successful experience of working in a general administration support role or field of expertise. Demonstrable knowledge and experience of operating IT systems, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access and/or dedicated Electronic Document Management Systems (SharePoint/ ProjectWise/Assetwise).
• Receive documents in data and electronic format.
• Establish and maintain computer-based document filing systems.
• Review and distribute documents in line with agreed departmental procedures.
• Maintain accurate computer-based records, logging distributed documents.
• Maintain document registers
• Process responses to documents issued.
• Chase responses to documents issued where required.
• Administer requests for information.
• Conduct periodic archiving.
• Remain up to date with all company policies and procedures, industry legislation and guidance applicable to your subject field.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
• Provide high quality customer service in all communications with internal and external clients.
• Work in accordance with established processes and provide feedback on their effectiveness.
• Maintain SharePoint sites
• Administering tasks on client document platforms
• EDMS administration for project teams.
• Backup for other admin staff when out of the office
Who are we looking for?
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work without constant supervision
• Excellent time management
• Exceptional Communication and Customer Service Skills
• Good communication skills
• Strong record keeping skills
• Prioritization and organisation skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Good knowledge of operating IT systems i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook, SharePoint and ProectWise would be advantageous.
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.