Building a sustainable tomorrow
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join our team in York developing and delivering Rail Enhancement Projects.
Being personally responsible for:
• Co-ordinate with pre-construction team.
• Give direction to staff.
• Liaise with clients, consultants, PQS, supply chain, stakeholders and other third parties.
• Organise and prepare supply chain enquiries.
• Prepare financial submission.
• Prepare and present estimate in conjunction with bid manager to senior managers and directors at cost estimate review and settlement meeting.
• Coordinate with Bid Manager on all aspects relating to estimate
• Contribute to collecting and distributing of feedback.
• Prepare and hand over of tender estimating information to project team.
• Investigate cost effective and / or alternative solutions.
• Prepare tender summary and assist Bid Manager in costing risk registers.
• Comply with Company and Group bid governance procedures.
• Maintain awareness of latest construction techniques.
• Use appropriate BIM / digital tools and promote the use of 3D, 4D and 5D techniques.
• Support the pre-construction team in preparing tenders, liaising with bid teams to deliver innovative solutions
Who are we looking for?
The following are mandatory requirements:
• Degree, HND in Civil Engineering or NVQ equivalent level.
• Suitable civil engineering site experience with understanding of methods and typical production rates / outputs.
• Awareness of common forms of contract.
The following are desirable requirements:
• M I C E.
• Good knowledge of UK civil construction market
What's in it for you?
Attractive salary and benefits package, including pension; company car / allowance; private healthcare; life assurance; one volunteering day and two wellbeing days per year - in addition to 26 days holiday allowance.
Continued personal, professional, technical and leadership development.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
Who are we?
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.