At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting an Executive Chef to join our Crawley contract, covering three schools and reporting directly to the Facilities Manager.
The Executive Chef is responsible for managing the daily operations, including the selection, development of Savouries/pastries and performance management of the team to ensure that our clients have a world class customer service experience.
About the role
We are more than a school caterer. We're driven by creating a positive food culture and helping more students eat better food. Making a positive social impact is at the centre of our identity. We tirelessly learn, develop and make improvements in every way, every day.
You will focus on:
• Oversee and manage all areas of the stores and ensure compliance with our Operational standards, Company policies & health & safety laws in line with our Handbook guidelines.
• Co-ordinate and manage multiple sites and central production kitchen
• Manage shifts which includes daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
• Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to problems as they arise.
• Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Bam FM policies and procedures.
• Responsible for setting the daily pars for all savory and Pastry menu items.
• Meet all deadlines for development of new menu items.
• Oversees the production of all special orders.
• With the General Manager, set daily sales goals for the team and create a production schedule for all items to meet those goals.
• Adhere to BAM FM standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage and labour costs.
• Ensure all invoices are accurate, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Works with vendors to negotiate lowest possible prices for all items.
• Oversees the tracking and reporting of all wastage, implements corrective plan of action.
• Be a passionate ambassador of the brand and mission while having a fun experience.
Health & Safety
• Keep excellent sanitary practices in line with standards for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas and trains the team to do the same
• Responsible for the compliance with all guidelines, including maintaining an "A" grading (or comparable evaluation, dependent upon location and country) always.
• Maintain a consistently high restaurant image, including tidiness on the floor, impeccably clean kitchens, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
• Together with the Bam Managers, oversee staff to ensure regular floor sweeps, bathroom checks, deep cleans etc.
• Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
• Complete accident reports promptly if a guest or team member is injured.
• Lead on the full recruitment of new team members, including interviewing, selecting and induction training.
• Lead on admin related tasks for your team including absence, overtime and payroll processes
• Monitor the progress of all employees including involvement in dealing with employee relation cases
• Oversees the training and development of the team
• Works in close contact with Owners on all new items, or testing items in a timely manner
• Trains the culinary team on all new recipes and standards
• Oversees the roll-out of all new products, ensuring they meet company standards and specs.
• Complete regular maintenance walk-throughs of the space to ensure all equipment is working properly and the upkeep of checklists.
• Responsible for the upkeep of all machinery and equipment (i.e. cleaning ovens, condenser maintenance, etc.)
In addition to these responsibilities, as the Executive Chef, the most important thing is to maintain flexibility and jump in wherever you are needed as various duties may arrive outside of this list.
Who are we looking for?
Are you currently a head chef working in a rosette standard hotel/restaurant looking for a change with an improved work life balance? Are you an experienced Head Chef or Chef Manager already working at the next level? You could be what we are looking for!
To succeed in this role:
• Great People Management skills and is confident to manage performance through the day to day operation.
• Proactive and able to work under own initiative.
• A track record of reaching targets and deadlines including stock control.
• Experience of a total fresh food background, and be able to demonstrate your passion for fresh, quality seasonal produce.
• Great understand of health and safety and food compliance.
• Passion for healthy food and creative flair, responsible for menu planning.
• Great Customer Service with a passion for promoting a fun and efficient team
• Works well under pressure, and is comfortable in a very flexible, fast paced working environment.
• A positive outlook with a great can do attitude, willing to gain new skills.
What do we offer?
In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.