Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM are recruiting a Facilities Manager to be based at a School in Stratford. You will be required to manage and co-ordinate all FM activities within the contract to ensure a cost effective, client focused service. Working in collaboration with the client to ensure that the service delivery exceeds the agreed levels of service quality and support the core client activities ensuring compliance with all legislative and BAM FM policy and procedures.
• Manage and develop the FM team to successfully achieve company, team and personal goals to achieve the service delivery requirements.
• Manage the M&E sub-contractors on site ensuring works are completed to the required standard while adopting safe working practices.
• Create and maintain effective team working relationships between BAM FM and client teams
• Manage team recruitment processes to ensure the requirements of the contract are met.
• Complete performance surveys of plant and equipment and report survey results to the Lifecycle department.
• Manage reactive and planned maintenance and repair works in line with contracted key performance indicators.
• Manage all procurement including sub-contractor quotes and orders, material requisitions with the FM commercial team.
• Maintain up to date records in accordance with legislative and BAM FM requirements.
• Develop business planning, ensuring the FM budgets are managed in strict accordance with the contract to achieve savings where possible.
• Operate all services and facilities within the contract to the most cost effective and efficient manner.
• Carry out other duties that may be reasonably requested by BAM FM and client management.
• Work closely with the HR department monitoring sickness, absenteeism and performance reviews.
• Work closely with the commercial and finance teams to ensure accounts and invoicing are kept up to date at all times.
• Identify training needs within your team.
• Achievement of financial targets.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience working as a Facilities Manager in Hard and Soft Services
• Preferably be a member of the British Institute of Facilities Management.
• Hold qualifications in mechanical and electrical disciplines.
• Health & Safety certification (IOSH or NEBOSH essential or willingness to undertake).
• Competent knowledge of IT packages (Concept desirable)
• Excellent organisational, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent people management skills
• Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland)Act 2007 (PVG) in relation to this type of work is applicable for children
• DBS check may be required
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £60 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.