Building the present, creating the future
BAM Construction Ltd - Plant is recruiting an Assistant Finance Business Partner to join their finance team. The position will be based at our Wellingborough Office. BAM Operate a flexible working policy, allowing some working from home as well as in the office.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be required to work closely with all operational teams and departments within BAM Construction Ltd - Plant, subcontractors and colleagues within BAM Construct, exercising excellent team working skills and building positive relationships.
• Delivery of a Business Partnering approach to successfully achieve our company, team and individual goals and objectives.
• Management of the company's Fixed Asset register
• Management of the company's IFRS16 database and timely production of reports to meet group reporting obligations.
• Deliver first class finance information and support operational teams to maximise company performance and turnover.
• Facilitate the development of robust 'risk management' processes and procedures for all financial processes.
• Ensure that financial procedures support the swift payment of supply chain partners escalating concerns if issues are identified.
• Excellent hands on support for the Sales Ledger & Purchase Ledger functions within the company
• Excellent cash management, supporting the sales and purchase invoice processes to ensure transactions recorded correctly.
• Providing support to external auditors as and when required.
• Development of additional reporting for Senior Management as required, along with participation in identified projects.
• Responsibility for the HMRC treasury reporting obligations submitting accurate CIS & VAT returns in a timely manner.
Who are we looking for?
• Relevant finance qualification or be working towards a qualification (CIMA/ACCA/AAT)
• Qualification by experience of working in a finance function within a construction environment.
• Relevant CIS & VAT experience
• Advanced knowledge of excel, power-point and access
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
• Excellent organisational, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent people skills with the ability to inspire and engage others
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and customer service skills
• Ability to understand and work to the BAM values
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
Who are we?
We construct, refurbish, extend and repurpose buildings from our network of offices across England, Scotland and Wales.
We undertake award winning projects for the public and private sector.
We use the latest digital technologies and modern methods of construction, to help us to deliver projects in a lean, green and more efficient way.