Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Cleaner on a permanent, part-time basis based at Chilton Trinity School, Bridgwater, Somerset. This is a term time only position. Until the end of December 2020, the position will be 25 hours per week with the hours of work being Monday 9.30am to 2.30pm and then 3.30pm to 7.30pm, Tuesday to Friday the hours of work will be 3.30pm to 7.30pm. From January 2021, unless advised otherwise, the position will reduce to 20 hours per week with the hours of work being Monday to Friday, 3.30pm to 7.30pm. This role reports to the Premises Manager. Please note that holiday cleans may also be required.
Under the instruction/guidance of Premises Manager work within a team to provide clean and hygienic environment which meets specified cleaning standards
Key responsibilities of this role include:
•Cleaning in accord with the specification for the premises
• Clean all surfaces, fixtures and fittings
• Clean floors, walls, partitions and internal woodwork as appropriate
• Clean kitchen/catering areas
• Cean toilets, changing rooms and other sanitary areas
• Clean equipment after use
• Undertake special cleaning programmes during designated periods
• Collecting and appropriate disposing of waste
• Clean and maintain waste bins
• Create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and productive working environment
• Maintain records as requested
• Refill and replace consumables
• Report faulty equipment & other maintenance requirements to appropriate person
• Maintain the security of premises by securing entrances/exits as appropriate and reporting potential security breaches
• Ensure lights and other equipment are switched off as appropriate
• Promote and ensure the health and safety of staff & visitors at all times
• Monitor and manage stock and supplies, cataloguing as required
• Maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, and report other damages/needs
• Ensure compliance by self and others with all health and safety policies and COSHH procedures
• Demonstrate and assist others in safe and effective use of specialist equipment/materials
Who are we looking for?
Previous experience preferred but not essential.
What's in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.
All staff employed by BAM FM Ltd in schools are required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service Clearance.