Building the present, creating the future
BAM FM is recruiting an Estimator to join the Southern region Business Development Team. This role can be based from our Hemel Hempstead or Bristol offices.
We are looking for an Estimator who is able to price hard (essential) and soft (preferable) service contracts. You will be required to maintain and develop pricing models. You will be working alongside the sales team in order to provide the best possible solution for our clients. Contracts bid will be up to circa £3m per annum. We are looking for an experienced estimator who has had experience with working with similar size bids and also much smaller value bids. You will be reporting directly into the FM Director and be required to attend meetings and occasional site visits when necessary.
• Estimate Hard and Soft FM service opportunities.
• Ensure that our final cost submissions are competitive and innovative solutions have been considered to give our bids an edge over our competitors
• Assist the Mechanical and Electrical projects team in estimating work packages
• Assist in developing a strong Bid and Estimating strategy
• Develop strong supply chain relationships for future tenders/opportunities
• Support the Business Development team in providing creative and commercial solutions to bid requirements
• Provide accurate estimations for the delivery process for both Planned Maintenance and Installation projects
• Develop PQQ, SQ & ITT responses under the guidance of the lead Business Development Manager
• Proactively conduct market research and competitor analysis to develop win strategies and bid plans, bring ideas and fresh thinking to the department and to identify future opportunities and leads.
• Attend clients premises to survey opportunities and capture assets as required
Who are we looking for?
• Experience of facilities management technical and tender processes
• Experience in estimating Hard services (Essential) and Soft Services (preferable) delivery
• The ability to estimate from first principles
• Experience in using Microsoft packages - Excellent Excel skills (Essential) required
• Strong experience in estimating to HVAC SFG20 standards and ideally BIC's cleaning standards
• Ability to work within a team environment or as an individual with minimal supervision
• Ability to identify cost savings to enable BAM FM to bid competitively
• Ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines
• Ability to communicate and present finalisation of bids/costs to senior management confidently and succinctly
• Enthusiasm and be self-motivated/driven
• Comfortable communicating with clients and consultants in a clear and professional manner
• A desire to be a major contributor in the growth of BAM FM
What's in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we support further personal growth and development.
Who are we?
BAM has been delivering Facilities Management (FM) services to customers throughout the UK for almost 20 years. We directly employ over 900 staff across the UK, delivering bespoke support services to our customers in the education, healthcare, retail and commercial sectors.
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial. We're on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
BAM operates a flexible working policy.