Building the present, creating the future
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Senior Site Premises Manager to join the FM team, to support a contract based in Camden.
Reporting to the Deputy Facilities Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of site management, including a wide range of duties and responsibilities connected with the fabric and grounds of the Academies. This includes security, ground maintenance, cleanliness, porterage, monitoring contracts/contractors, routine maintenance, minor repairs and to carry out pre-planned maintenance programmes.
• To ensure that the management and maintenance of the school buildings and environment are effectively undertaken.
• Carry out regular monthly reviews in conjunction with the Facilities Manager/Deputy Facilities Manager
• Supervise supply chain partners effectively.
• Ensure all BAM FM processes and procedures are followed.
• Financial Management - Checking and approving contractors' work, authorising invoices for payment. Raising any discrepancy with sub-contractors and resolving the issues
• Ensure planned preventive maintenance and lifecycle programmes are up to date and meet the contract specification.
• To ensure that all emergency repairs are dealt with promptly
• Develop and maintain relationships with all the Authority departments.
• Supervise the maintenance of accurate site contract administration files.
• Close supervision of BAM FM staff, as well as supply chain partners.
• Provide leadership and direction to staff, developing skills matrix and development plan
• Take site ownership of projects and provide support as and when required.
• Ensure correct skill & competence levels of the team to meet the contract scope.
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly report for the Facilities Manager/Deputy Facilities Manager and Authority, listing all relevant site-based activities that occurred during the month.
• To ensure that the grounds, buildings, services and facilities are in a fit condition for the purpose to which they are put and that they comply with all appropriate standards, health and safety requirements, and school requirements.
• To be responsible for the health & safety of the site
• Be conversant with all statutory compliance processes and procedures.
• To ensure the proper and safe storage and disposal of all waste.
• To read gas, electricity and water meters on a regular basis and report to the Facilities Manager.
• To carry out a conditions survey on the premises in the autumn term and assist in the alteration and implementation of the planned preventative maintenance programme.
• To monitor and inspect the delivery of the cleaning operatives on a daily basis.
• To ensure emergency cleaning such as body fluids, vomit and other soiling incidents are carried out as soon as possible.
• To ensure all external areas including litter bins, play areas, pathways, car parks, grassed and garden areas are clean.
• To supervise/carry out the day to day maintenance and upkeep of the hydrotherapy pool premises including the carrying out of water testing, chemical dosing and minor repairs.
• To liaise with relevant personnel and agencies to ensure the site is secure at all time e.g., opening and closing, arrangement for security alarms, regular patrols of the buildings and grounds.
• To maintain a log of security concerns/breaches and seek solutions in collaboration with the Facilities Manager/Deputy Facilities Manager.
• To manage the schools grounds maintenance by ensuring that lawns are cut regularly, plants and bushes are kept under control, poisonous plants are removed, beds are weeded and dug over regularly and overseeing all subcontractors' works. To ensure the site meets the standards agreed.
• Comply with all Authority, school and BAM FM and statutory Health & Safety procedures and ensure all log books and documents are up to date
• To assist the Facilities Manager/Deputy Facilities Manager in the preparation of emergency evacuation plans.
Who are we looking for?
Qualifications and Experience:
• At least 6 years experience within a similar supervisory role.
• Knowledge and understanding of pupil safeguarding
• Soft and Hard FM supervisory experience
• Supervisory and team leadership training
• Good Communication and IT skills including excel & word.
• Must be able to demonstrate supervisory qualities.
• A good Level of interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
•A good level of technical knowledge within the M & E sector
• A strong understanding of health and safety and statutory compliance
What's in it for you?
In addition to a attractive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.