Building the present, creating the future
We are recruiting Foreman of all levels (Section Foreman, Foreman and General Foreman) to work on number of Environment Agency flood defence schemes in the region. You must have experience of sheet piling, RC works, earthworks and drainage.
Your key activities will include:
- Demonstrate best practise in safety, quality and environment.
- Supervise section / trades foreman and manage sub-contractors.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Communicate with rest of site team to ensure full understanding of information.
- Manage workforce, plant and materials.
- Ensure daily diaries and allocation sheets are up to date.
- Implement and promote safe systems of work over all activities.
- Ensure all records are up to date and in place.
- Work with engineers on setting out information and details of technical information, contributing to the preparation of activity plans.
- Attend and contribute to weekly meetings with site team regarding safety, progress, expenditure, costs and programme.
- Ensure tool box talks, safety alerts and activity plan briefings are carried out.
- Ensure all statutory weekly or daily inspections are carried out.
- Assist development of the workforce and identify training requirements.
- Ensure high standard of quality on the works.
- Complete effective Performance and Development Reviews.
Your qualifications, skills and experience should include:
- Successful experience within similar civil engineering environment.
- Good knowledge of safety legislation and environment issues.
- Able to read drawings and construct to them, work to a programme and keep written and electronic records.
- Able to develop and promote safe systems of work.
- Able to supervise direct workforce, and manage sub-contract operations and section / trades foreman.
- Basic awareness of Microsoft programmes, ACD, BIM 360 Field.
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes matched pension contributions, private healthcare, 26 days holiday, 2 wellbeing days and 1 volunteering day.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.