We are now looking to recruit a Geotechnical Engineer who has well-rounded geotechnical design experience, to join our growing Geosciences business based in St Mellon’s Cardiff, working on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK. To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be accountable for managing components of projects, working in collaboration with other design disciplines and providing technical inputs to projects. The role will involve building relationships with clients on projects, gaining experience in commercial aspects of projects together with developing your own skills, and those of the team, to ensure you all reach your full potential.
- Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Managing selected small projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for own resource and potentially resource allocation of others, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
- Capability to independently drive routine projects and non-routine tasks with guidance.
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Providing technical input to projects and technical advice to project team members.
- Ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies.
- Preparing geotechnical calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice.
- Gaining experience of and being familiar and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team.
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- MSc/MEng in Geotechnical Engineering (Desirable) or
- MEng in Civil Engineering with geotechnical bias
- Essential Experience:
- Experience in the civil engineering industry.
- Geotechnical interpretation and design experience including foundations, retaining walls and slopes.
- Earthworks assessment and design.
- Very good numerical skills using hand calculations and industry software such as VDISP/PDISP, WALLAP, REPUTE and SlopeW.
- Industry data management software including Holebase and or gINT.
- Awareness of ground investigation design and implementation.
- Good motivational and people management skills with an ability to influence staff and clients particularly regarding technical issues.
- Some knowledge and experience of commercial aspects of projects.
- Excellent communication and motivational skills.
- Team player, self-starter and problem solver i.e. “Can-do” attitude.
- Flexible to travel in UK and working away from base office.
- Ability to work within large multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Experience in producing technical reports (e.g. Desk Study/ Preliminary Source Studies, Ground Investigation and Geotechnical Design Reports), specifications and drawings.
- Full and valid driving license
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ?rst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other bene?ts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ?exible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.