Geotechnical Engineer (GI) - Edenbridge, Kent
Do you know your 412 from T2-101 & your semi-pelite from psammite?
BAM Ritchies are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer in ground investigation to manage and perform site based works spanning the northern half of the UK. You should have an academic background in either Geology or Civil Engineering with experience in the field ground investigation and site management (a hearty blend of practical and technical).
The base of operations will be Edenbridge, reporting to the Project Manager for Ground Investigation with site works throughout South East England.
There exists occasional opportunity to support the wider BAM business with international ground risk evaluation. Current projects include Greenland, Antarctica, Tanzania and Ghana.
Your skills and experience should include:
- CSCS card holder.
- SMSTS holder.
- Preferably PTS holder including OLEC1.
- Professional accreditation to ICE, and/or IOM3.
- Demonstrable experience of cable percussion, continuous percussion, rotary, and sonic drilling techniques.
- Demonstrable geotechnical competence in ground investigation.
- Demonstrable competence in site management.
- Demonstrable competence in buried and overhead services clearance.
- Enthusiasm for plant selection and management.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.