Head of Engineering Insights
ICE is an international membership organisation that promotes and advances civil engineering around the world. ICE is a qualifying body, a centre for the exchange of specialist knowledge, and a provider of resources to encourage innovation and excellence in the profession worldwide.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering Knowledge, the Head of Engineering Insights will manage the Engineering Insights & Network team, with specific responsibility for planning and effective delivery of ICE Engineering & Insight including thought leadership, lessons learned, written and online content, networking activities, exhibitions and events.
Key Responsibilities of the postholder:
- Using knowledge of engineering standards and practices, oversee the creation and delivery of ICE engineering knowledge, insight, thought leadership and lessons learned programme that is relevant for both members and non-members.
- Create an authoritative, respected, impartial and relevant learning society community using industry knowledge and expertise.
- Ensure the Network management is compliant with the programme delivery and communities of practice framework.
- Review and maintain a competitor analysis of industry leading engineering events to ensure ICE EK ’s position as a thought leader.
- Ensure all department’s certification and documentation is in place and up to date. Maintain and update policies and procedures in line with the Division’s ability to maintain business continuity.
- Line management performance of direct reports, including performance reviews, establishing KPIs and meeting business plan objectives as well as monitoring of all Insights and Network staff and budgets.
What we are looking for:
The successful incumbent will have:
- Experience in the civil engineering/infrastructure industry and as a practicing engineer
- Significant experience of managing your own and others time and workload
- Significant experience of managing multiple campaign/project teams
- Significant experience of knowledge sharing activities within the engineering sector
- Significant experience budget responsibility
- Experience of working with external agencies / partners and business development activities
- The ability to communicate and deliver at Senior Director/CEO level
- Strong strategic management knowledge and experience and high analytical skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of working with external business and partnerships
In addition, the postholder will ideally have:
- A network of relevant built environment and infrastructure industry contacts and knowledge of the environment.
- Experience of a membership / volunteer, not-for profit, events/training environment.
For further information and to apply for the position please visit: https://www.ice.org.uk/about-ice/work-for-ice.
Please note, applicants are asked to submit a CV and cover letter in one document.
ICE Group benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave
- Annual £100 wellbeing allowance
- Up to eight per cent of salary contributed to a personal pension scheme
- 24 hour employee support line
- Death in service benefit equivalent to one year’s salary
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Big Gym membership savings with the Gymflex scheme
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018
The data collected via this application process will only be used by the ICE Group for the purpose of recruitment and for the performance of an employment contract if a job offer is made. This data will not be disclosed to any external sources without express consent unless required to do so by law. Unsuccessful applicants’ data, both electronic and paper will be deleted/shredded six months from date of application. The ICE Group’s Data Protection Officer is Keith Logan, Group Head of Management Information Systems who can be contacted at Keith.Logan@ice.org.uk. Applicants have the right to complain to the ICO at http://ico.org.uk/ if they have a concern with the way ICE are handling their data.