At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Heating Engineer to join the Scotland region.
The Heating Engineer will be based at Dalkeith Schools Community Campus, with occasional cover required at our Jedburgh site. The engineer will be multi-skilled carrying out planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and reactive maintenance in line with BAM FM HR, H&S, Quality and Environmental policies and procedures.
About the role
• Responding to daily requests/enquiries, and resolving problems presented by Authority representatives, building users and other BAM FM staff.
• Proactive and flexible approach to general site maintenance issues and porterage duties
• Deliver a high level of customer satisfaction based on speed of response and completion rates
• Development and management of ongoing and routine maintenance programs
• Provide sufficient details to enable accurate purchasing of spares and consumables via the helpdesk
• Responsible for the safe and secure storage of spare parts, materials, tools and consumables
• Ensure self-reporting of maintenance issues are reported and dealt with in a timely manner
• Providing technical support to others when requested
• Adhere to health & safety standards as per company procedures for external contractors
• Carry out risk and method statements
• To carry out daily room set-ups and porterage requests
• Manage the BMS system and run monthly reports
• Provide emergency access to the school site and out-of-hours cover for maintenance emergencies
• Any other duties as required
Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 (PVG) in relation to this type of work is applicable
Who are we looking for?
Knowledge and Experience:
• Experience in working to a high level in one or more specific trade disciplines (ideally M&E and/or Plumbing)
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to use own initiative
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Good IT skills
• Full Driving licence
• Experience of working in an educational institution would be advantageous
What do we offer?
In addition to a attractive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
Who are we?
BAM FM has been delivering bespoke support services throughout the UK for 18 years. Employing over 900 staff, we deliver digital integrated facilities management with excellent customer service across the education, healthcare, retail and commercial property sectors. BAM FM has an annual turnover of £50 million and operates across England, Scotland and Wales, and is part of BAM Construct UK, a leading construction and property services business.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.