High Voltage Senior Authorised Person
Up to £72,000 per annum
We are a business with a heritage and identity spanning 30 years as part of the SSE Plc (a FTSE 100 company). Recently Aurelius (a hugely successful European Private Equity organisation) has acquired our company.
We are now starting to make exciting changes which will drive our business forward. We are rightly proud of our history, but we are even more excited about our future under new ownership, and the numerous excellent opportunities available to us. We are passionate about our approaching rebrand, our new contract wins and our aspiration to be the employer of choice in our chosen sectors.
We are already one of the largest and most versatile Mechanical & Electrical contractors across the UK and Ireland – able to offer a comprehensive and diverse range of M&E services. We employ nearly 2000 highly skilled employees across High Voltage, M&E, E&I, Lighting and Rail, and are always looking for talented and ambitious people to be part of our team. Right now, we are focusing on HV growth, and as such we have several new opportunities. There really is no better time to come and join us!
You will be joining a team of like-minded experts that have a passion for innovation and delivering cutting edge solutions for a broad range of clients, working on a portfolio of projects in several successful and growing sectors.
What will we offer?
- We now offer a 45-hour working week, with salaries ranging up to £72k, depending on experience (London weighting allowance also additional based on depot location)
- We offer a 10% annual retention bonus, based on base salary and paid annually.
- 26 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- 6% pension contribution
- Life assurance scheme
- Continued professional development across a range of exciting projects
What is the Role?
We are currently recruiting a Senior Authorised Person (SAP) to carry out LV & HV switching, isolation, earthing, SFT, identification of the point of work and issue of safety documentation duties on construction and asset replacement projects on the distribution network
You will be responsible for all aspects of operational duties, creating switching schedules and methods of work. You’ll control & monitor all Electrical construction and maintenance work on HV/LV networks up to 33kv.
Ensuring the power distribution is maintained, you will be the delegated lead electrical person in cases of emergency and power restoration. Duties include:
- Plan outages and produce switching programmes and liaise with System Control.
- Make dead, isolate and earth high voltage electrical networks.
- Identify and release apparatus to be worked on by issue of Safety Documents and Permits to Work, SFT.
- Carry out high voltage testing and fault location
- Manage and supervise Jointer and Fitter teams.
You’ll manage associated plant and equipment, including complex design, commissioning and fault diagnosis in accordance with safety and customer requirements, ensuring that all works are completed to time and budget.
Safety will always be your priority and therefore expect you’ll always adopt and promote our core value of safety.
What do you need to be successful with us?
- You’ll be an experienced SAP on HV systems, with Company Operational Authorisation to 33kV with Sanction for Test.
- Authorised as a 33kV SAP able to work on 33kV and 11kV networks.
- Good knowledge of a wide range of High Voltage plant and equipment
- Previous experience of working on HV DNO and private networks
- Demonstrable working knowledge of High Voltage Protection Relays, Telecontrol Systems, wiring and schematic diagrams.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- A proven track record in the electrical contracting industry either as an Engineer or as a Contracts Supervisor with supervisory experience in a practical environment.
A full UK driving licence is also essential to enable you to cover the DNO and private networks.
Please state your current Authorisations on your application
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining us.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura.Dobson@sse.com / 01738 341995 .