- Leadership role of a new Highways Design Team
- Established Consulting Engineering Business for 40 Years
- Fantastic prospects for progression
Successful applicants will be working at Senior Engineer or Principal Engineer level and looking for a step up. Recruitment of the Highways Design Lead is of critical importance as the role holds prime responsibility for delivering and developing upon the business already in place for Roads and Highways projects. The Highways Lead will be a high calibre and proven design professional from a roads configuration and highways design background, with the following attributes;
- Passion for design creative solutions
- Capability for being hands on, guiding and checking the technical engineering work
- Have a good understanding of highway alignment design and relevant standards
- Competent with software such as Civils 3D/MX/OpenRoads
- Natural ability to lead and develop others
- Strong communication skills with clients, partnered consultants and staff
Roughan & O’Donovan is an independently owned civil and structural design consultancy which has a proven history of success gained over more than forty years, currently employing around 180 staff and producing a revenue of €17.5m in 2018. With its mainstay in Ireland, the business has grown significantly to become a well-regarded solution provider to international contractors and a trustworthy participant of design and construction joint venture partnerships.
In recent years, workload has spread geographically and with repeated exposure to the UK market. Now with 23% of the company workload delivered in the UK, a new office has been opened in Otley, Yorkshire, for the development of a team who will provide localised services. The recruitment of the first individuals will shape and determine the future direction of this division of Roughan & O’Donovan, presenting an exciting opportunity for applicants to become leaders of a UK business.
Corepeople has been appointed to handle all applications and recruitment for this post. Early applications are encouraged and will be dealt with immediately.
For further information, please contact Bridget Lee on 0191 374 1772 or click apply.