CONSTRUCT. BUILD. SHAPE. DESIGN. CREATE.
You can do all of this and more with BAM.
BAM Plant are recruiting a Hire Controller to join the Wellingborough office.
On a day-day basis you'll work on the hire desk, building great working relationships and product knowledge which you will use to translate your customers/sites requirements into the Hire products and services that meet their needs, whilst also maximizing opportunities. You'll be an ambassador for our One Bam culture, resolving any issues quickly and keeping your customers/sites informed, so that they feel truly valued and improving efficiency
About the role
• As the Hire Desk Controller you will act as a central point of contact for placing hire orders and dealing with customer queries professionally and efficiently
• Use of a computerised plant hire system to effectively manage the hire and availability of vehicles and plant within our own group of companies
• Maintain accurate reporting and data using current spread sheets and databases
• Build strong and helpful relationships with colleagues in other departments
• Co-ordinate with the local suppliers to fulfil customer requirements
Who are we looking for?
A fantastic communicator who loves delivering the very best service for our customers/ Sites and in return is looking for a Company that really values your contribution and can offer you excellent training opportunities?
• Prior experience in a role where you can demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
• Able to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues
• Flexible and self-motivated, you'll take the initiative and be keen to embrace new training opportunities
• Great communication skills - both verbal and written
• Serve customers internally and externally efficiently, safely and to the company policies and procedures.
• Effective administration, planning and organisation skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Good IT/Computer skills. MS Office including Excel and Outlook & experience of database entry
• Previous experience in the hire or construction industry would be advantageous.
• To work in a Safe manner with regards to yourself and others and adhere to the Companies Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
• Complete other branch duties as requested by members of the branch management team
What do we offer?
In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share our value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects our customer base and the communities in which we operate, creating an environment that enables everyone to fulfil their potential.