ICT Manager - Manchester
The Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) is a comprehensive programme of works to update and re-energise one of Britain's oldest railways. The West of Leeds (Transpire Alliance - TA) is responsible for this transformation from Leeds (west) to Manchester Victoria. TA is an Alliance made from Network Rail, Amey (inc. Amey OWR), Arup and BAM. Delivering this ambitious programme requires a diverse workforce, utilising the strengths of multiple organisations, skills and technical specialists.
Based out of Manchester Piccadilly (with satellite offices in Leeds), you will be responsible for the successful delivery of allocated Information Systems and Information Technology projects within the broader IS/IT programmes - managing time, risks including data protection, budget and other resources accordingly.
Your key activities will include:
- Proactively manage and update the project documentation (Risk Register and RAID log).
- Identify and manage project risk informing key business and IS/IT stakeholders.
- Build effective relationships with all relevant stakeholders including pre, during and post transition.
- Maintain appropriate governance on IS/IT projects.
- Set-up and lead regular project status updates & meetings.
- Understand business requirements (including capture where necessary).
- Identify, maintain and manage data protection risks and GDPR compliance.
- Undertake supplier and solution selection via PQQ and ITT process subject to identified business requirements.
- Manage internal and coordinate external teams working together to deliver the project solution.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, monitor, and report on activities relating to the project, from initiation through service transition to service acceptance and beyond into benefits realisation to agreed quality and process standards.
- Ensure projects have adequate support throughout their lifecycle including stakeholders and Early Life Support as required.
- Provide support and guidance to other IT project team members.
- Manage resourcing conflicts - including reprioritising as required and report appropriately.
- Ensure projects are delivered via an appropriate project management methodology.
- Attend project and programme meetings as required.
- Provide support and guidance at IT project related workshops and technical support, input and guidance to new technology initiatives.
- Travel to offices throughout the UK (overnight stays may be required) to facilitate workshops / meetings.
Your skills and experience should include:
- Experience working in similar role, with Alliance experience desirable.
- Analytical and detailed approach.
- Strong communicator with excellent organisational skills.
- Should be Chartered IT Professional, Prince 2, APM or similar. MS Project. Asite or Aconex implementation desirable.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment. Flexible working arrangements possible.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.