Building the present, creating the future
We are seeking a ICT Service Desk Support Assistant to support the day to day operations of the BAM Nuttall ICT Service Desk in providing effective 1st line support. You will ensure timely response and resolution of customer incidents and service requests within the business agreed SLA's, and maintain a high standard of customer service to deliver this support to our business.
- Ensure all incidents, service requests, events are logged in the BAM Nuttall ICT provided Service Desk system - Cherwell AskIT.
- Ensure all phone calls are answered within a reasonable time frame and focus on customer service is important.
- Allocation of incidents through escalation processes defined within the business and the ICT department.
- Monitoring ICT systems to maintain a proactive approach to service delivery.
- Ensuring the ICT Service Desk is covered for the agreed core hours for the business, 8am - 5pm.
- Processing any returned ICT equipment to Head Office Camberley.
- Controlling ICT equipment stockstoreroom for all deliveries and returns.
- Focus on delivering a high standard of face to face ICT support to all Staff.
- Arrange ICT returns to hardware suppliers when needed.
- Completing Tier1 ICT support Incidents and Requests for BAM Nuttall staff within agreed SLA's
- Supporting VOIP telephony systems.
- Provide 1st line Hardware and software support.
- Installation and maintenance of computer related hardware and software.
- Provision of first line support of all ICT services.
- Administration, creation and maintenance of user accounts.
- Administration and support of Direct Access remote access solution.
- 1st Line Mobile device support including iOS and Android.
- To research and understand new cutting edge technology to enhance support requirements to our business.
- Suggest ideas for Support Service improvements.
- Supporting Tier 2 technicians.
- Recognise improvements in workflows and suggest ideas on how to implement.
- Supporting ICT to deliver projects to the business with the guidance of the ICT Support Team Leader.
- Supporting ICT requirements for BAM Nuttall Joint Venture projects.
Qualifications and experience
- ITIL experience and awareness.
- MTA and CompTIA qualifications or equivalent.
- At least 12 months experience working on an ITIL process driven Service Desk.
- Customer focused driven.
- Basic Networking Knowledge.
- ICT Security Awareness.
- Experienced in Windows 7 and 10 OS.
- Basic understanding of MS server 2008, 2012, 2016.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Strong focus on customer service with ability to manage customer expectations. Prioritise conflicting demands and resolve customer concerns/queries.
- Ability to support staff at different levels of ICT knowledge and experience.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to achieve results.
- Experienced MS Office 2013, 2016 and Office 365.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Ensures that excellent service is an integrated part of his/her own work.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own workload to meet deadlines and performance targets.
- Discrete, confidential, diplomatic and tactful.
- Innovative, creative, patience and resilience.
- An effective team player.
- Highly motivated with a flexible approach.
- A willingness to continually develop levels of knowledge.
- Ambassador for BAM Nuttall ICT Services team who positively promotes the Service Desk as a single point of contact for the business.
- Challenges process and service to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Driven to meet performance targets and customer service standard.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.