Information Specialist - North of England
We are looking for an enthusiastic Information Specialist, or someone willing to learn and become an Information Specialist, who can strengthen our delivery services in the North of England. You will be joining the project team for the Environment Agency framework based in Leeds and will be reporting to the Engineering Manager for the scheme.
Your primary role will be to support the implementation, management and use of digital tools to capture, share and use information on the project.
This will include the following:
- Work with the project team, employer's team and third parties to fully understand information requirements and flows on projects, plus manage expectations and delivery.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) for a number of projects.
- Setup the Common Data Environment (CDE) for projects.
- Monitor and support the use of the Common Data Environment (CDE) for a number of projects.
- Assist the project teams with the setup of the field data capture system for projects.
- Monitor and support the use of the field data capture systems for a number of projects.
- Assist the project teams with the compilation and issuing of the handover information specified in the client's EIR and managed in the project BEP for a number of projects.
- Engage with Design consultants with the development of information work flows e.g. design approval process.
- Engage and work with Employer Information Manager(s).
- Engage and work with Employer Asset Management team.
You will be based in our framework office in Leeds, but will be required to travel to the project sites as necessary to support the project teams.
You will also liaise with other Information Specialists in the region and will be invited to join the Information Management (IM) forum collaborating with other members to share best practice ideas and keep up to date on IM developments in the business.
Your skills and experience should include:
- A qualification in civil engineering to HND or BTEC.
- Experience, across a range of civil engineering projects, with a good understanding of design and construction.
- Awareness of BS1192 and associated PAS1192 digital construction requirements.
- An understanding of BIM / digital construction tools and workflows.
- Knowledge of the ProjectWise CDE software.
- Knowledge of the 360 Field software package.
- A clear ability for logical thinking and working in an ordered fashion.
- The ability to communicate effectively.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
BAM Nuttall is one of Royal BAM Group's ten operating companies. One of Europe's largest contractors, along with BAM Construct UK and BAM PPP in the UK, we offer safe and secure employment and opportunities for our people to develop exceptional skills and experience, and harness innovation to build sustainable infrastructure.
We work collaboratively, forming strong alliances with our customers, supply chain and industry. As a well-run profitable business, we aim to achieve a net positive impact on society and the planet. Our heritage lies in changing cities towns and communities for the better. Acting as a responsible employer and partner has shaped who we are.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality, and our employment practices support inclusivity and work-life balance, including flexible hours; accessibility support; investment in training and technology; fair opportunities.